General RE Information
Welcome to our programs of religious education and exploration. We support each child, youth, and adult in their journey to explore religious ideas and ethical values, fulfill a commitment to social justice, build healthy relationships, and celebrate the joys of life. Love is the foundation of our program, our congregation, and our faith.
We invite you to join us!
Our program for children and youth is overseen by a Director of Religious Education and a Religious Education Committee. Our Director of Religious Education is Deborah Little (email@example.com; 631-751-0297)
Membership of the Religious Education Committee:
- Cassandra Allison
- Susan Buckley
- Wendy Engelhardt
- Michele Maggio
RE Committee meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. on zoom. Guests are welcome. Please contact the Director of Religious Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to attend.
Religious Education Goals
- teaching our children and youth about their UU identity, and to question and find their own spiritual path,
- increasing awareness regarding issues of social responsibility,
- fostering intergenerational experiences,
- encouraging social relationships among our children and youth,
- providing an emotionally and physically safe, secure, nurturing environment.
Click here to join our UUFSB RE Facebook group.
UUFSB is a Safe Congregation that strives to protect children and youth. To find out more about what that means, click here.
We offer the following RE programs:
- Tiny Tots (care for children under 5): Sundays from 10:30-11:45
- RE Classes for Kindergarten through 5th grade: Sundays from 10:30-11:45
- Youth programs including Middle School RE class and/or Youth Group for tweens and teens
- Intergenerational services
- Family fun events/outings/gatherings
- Social action activities
All adults are welcome to share their time and talents with our children and youth. Our program is nourished by this village of care.