UU Connect Event: First Fridays Family Game Night - June 1, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
An evening of fun for all. Play our games or bring one of your own. $5 per person requested. Coffee and tea provided. UU Congregation of the Great South Bay at 11 Collins Ave., Sayville. For more information call Marian at 631 786-2090
Annual Congregational Meeting - Sunday, June 3, 12:15 p.m.
The Annual Congregational Meeting of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at Stony Brook will be held on Sunday, June 3, 2018. The meeting will be called to order at 12:15 p.m. in the sanctuary. While all are welcome to attend the meeting, only those who have made a contribution of record during the period of May 18, 2017 through May 18, 2018, or who have fulfilled their pledge commitment in full for fiscal year 2016-17, and who have signed the membership book will be eligible to vote.
“Shop Your Style” Women’s Clothing Swap FUNdraiser – Saturday, June 16, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Do you have clothes or accessories in great condition that just don’t seem to call to you anymore? We have the perfect solution for you. Bring these new / gently used items to our first UUFSB Women’s “Shop Your Style” fashion swap and come home with some new treasures! You’ll also help our Fellowship with the small admission fee and support our green sanctuary status by re-purposing these items. The event will be held at UUFSB on June 16, from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Admission is on a sliding scale of $10-$20 PLUS one or more items to swap.
- Arrive at 2:00. We’ll have tables and clothes racks set up for you to display your items. Then enjoy coffee, tea, snacks and conversation with friends old and new.
- At 3:00, Gilda will give a little talk on “Fashion vs Style.”
- After the talk until 4:00 p.m., it’s time to shop, try on items, and go home happy!
Please bring in items that are new or gently used only (no shoes or intimate apparel); we recommend spring / summer apparel. Any leftover items after the swap will be donated to charity.
UU Women's Potluck Dinner - Friday June 22, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Humanist Discussion Group – Tuesday, April 3, 7:00 p.m.
The next meeting of the Humanist Discussion Group is at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday April 3 in the Yellow Room at the Fellowship. We will continue our discussion of Beyond the Partisan Divide. The topic is "Congregational Stands on Significant Issues." All are welcome.
When considering whether or not to pass a congregational resolution on an issue, there are several important questions that can help discern if and how to go about it. https://www.uua.org/justice-programs/resolutions
- The first thing to keep in mind is that anything done in a congregational setting can be divisive if done poorly.
- An important question when considering a congregational resolution is to ask how it helps reach a goal.
- Another question to consider is whether or not the resolution reflects the congregation’s identity.