The Council of Committee Chairs supports the Vision and Mission of the Fellowship, coordinates the activities of the Fellowship, and facilitates communication among the members. The Council is chaired by the Vice President of the Board. Each committee is represented on the Council by its chair or by a designated substitute representative.
- Facilitates the sharing of information from committees, and when needed, helps in the coordination of work affecting more than one committee.
- Engages in in-depth consideration of issues that involve multiple committees or congregational systems, at times at the request of the Board or specific committees. (It is the COMC, however, that performs conflict resolution that may arise in the community.)
- Based upon such discussions, may propose policy recommendations to the Board or to affected committees.
- Maintains a directory of committees and committee chairs; provides this information, including pertinent changes, to the office, the Board and staff.
- Establishes a calendar of committee-sponsored Fellowship events; provides this information, including pertinent changes, to the office, Board and Staff.
- Establishes/revisits its own Mission Statement on a yearly basis.
- Provides leadership training for committees.
All Council actions and deliberations are open and transparent.
2018-2019 Council Members
Council Chair: Sara Lutterbie, Vice President, Board of Trustees