Click on the links below to read the results from the October 2018 US Congregational Life Survey (USCLS):
- Summary of Findings
- Strengths Report
- Frequency Tables (tally of responses for every survey question)
- Tally of Responses to "Slip Sheet" Questions (questions unique to UUFSB)
The mission of the Committee on Ministries of the Congregation (COMC) is to ensure transparency of Fellowship operations, to provide feedback from the congregation by which the Fellowship's vision and mission statements are kept vital, and to strive to maintain harmony among all Fellowship members.
The Committee fulfills its mission by:
- Evaluating the Minister
- Evaluating the Director of Religious Education
- Conducting congregational assessments
- Promoting "Right Relations" and respect among members
- Assisting in conflict resolution applied confidentially and in a timely manner.
As a member of the UUFSB community, you have a right to a hearing of any concerns you have regarding its policies and practices, or matters pertaining to your relations with others in the community. In contacing the COMC, you can be assured that your concerns will be heard by a panel of members who:
- have been UUFSB members for at least 3 years;
- are broadly representative of the congregation;
- have stature and respect in the Fellowship community;
- are dedicated to UUFSB's mission above personal agendas;
- understand the concept of shared ministry;
- maintain privileged information;
- have an effective working relationship with the Minister and the Director of Religious Education;
- are knowledgeable about conflict resolution skills.
To bring an issue or concern to the attention of the COMC, please contact any of the following committee members:
Ex officio members:
- Margie Allen, as minister
- Deb Little, as DRE
A COMC member shall be designated and will:
- be ready to respond respectfully to any UUFSB member who poses an issue, expresses a concern, or proposes a suggestion for change in an area of the congregation's ministry;
- present the case confidentially to the other COMC members;
- facilitate a process of resolution for the concerned individual in a timely manner.
Members of the Committee on Ministry are nominated by the Nominating Committee and elected by the members of the congregation at the annual meeting of the Fellowship in June.
*** Click here to read the 2012 COMC Congregational Assessment ***